THIS LINK WILL DIRECT YOU TO GREAT SMEATON SCHOOL TERM TIMETABLE
Welcome to our school. We are a small school that is working hard to continue to be the very best we can be.
We aim to create a 'caring' community and environment, setting out to meet the needs of the children, and to encourage them to care for others, through understanding and respect, by creating a sound atmosphere in which the children feel happy and secure, and establishing links with parents and the wider community.
Our aims are to:
- respect and value the individual
- create a safe, caring and nurturing environment
- stimulate learning and encourage every child to reach their full potential
- develop a growing sense of independence
- provide a broad and balanced curriculum that incorporates academic, physical, social and moral growth
- The school will endeavour to achieve its aims by:
- sustaining a high quality environment for both the learning and well-being of the children
- helping children to develop self-discipline and respect for themselves, the school and the community
- recognising and rewarding achievement and contribution
- providing routes to success for children of all abilities, regardless of gender disability, race or creed.
- creating a partnership between the children, parents, governors and the community, which gives security and a sense of belonging to our children.